SEIU-West is joining with other labour organizations and community groups for big rally at the Legislature in Regina on Wednesday, May 24 at 12pm to tell the Sask. Party government that Saskatchewan people don’t want public service cuts, rollbacks and privatization!
There will be a 11:30am March from Royal Sask Museum, followed by a 12:00pm rally at Legislature. Please share and volunteer your time to join in this important rally – and let others know! By signing up, you will be provided with transportation and a lunch! Sign up today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Government has squandered the province’s finances on over-priced consultants, shady land deals, and costly megaprojects. Now it is trying to force Saskatchewan people to pay for their financial mistakes. Here’s just a few of the actions government is taking that will hurt Saskatchewan families and communities:
- Demanding a 3.5 per cent public service cut
- Shutting down 5 health care services
- Selling off the Saskatchewan Transportation Company (STC)
- Cutting funding to schools, post-secondary institutes,
- Raising sales taxes, which hurts low and middle income
- Taxing kids clothes, and restaurant meals
All the while – giving away millions through new corporate tax cuts!
Join us to say ‘NO’ to government’s austerity agenda!