The SEIU-West Education Department together with your Organizing Department is pleased to invite you to the above-noted one day workshop. “Activist Training Camp” is designed for SEIU-West members who are highly motivated to take action to stop the wage rollbacks and strengthen our public services.
At this training camp, you will:
- Develop your skills with an anti-oppression framework 101
- Meet and skills-share with other activists around the region
- Learn to think strategically about your activism
- Participate in a series of workshops designed to enhance your organizing, communication, and leadership skills to stop cuts and strengthen public services
|Tuesday, November 7, 2017||9:30 am – 4:30 pm||Heritage Inn: 1590 Main Street North Moose Jaw, SK S6J 1L3|
|Thursday, November 9, 2017||9:30 am – 4:30 pm||SEIU-West Saskatoon Office, Main Floor Training Area: 747 46 Street West, Saskatoon, S7L6A1|
The Local Union will cover the costs of 25 participants per session on a first come, first serve basis. Expenses will be reimbursed to a maximum of one day lost wages, as well as mileage. Lunch will be provided.
Your prompt attention to this matter is requested given the time frame required to book Union leave. Once you have registered (form attached an below) and received your confirmation to attend, you can contact your Employer to request your union leave as per the past practice.
- Moose Jaw Registration Form – please send your completed Registration Form to Janine Sully at Janine.Sully@seiuwest.ca
- Saskatoon Registration Form – please send your completed Registration Form to Darlene Shawchuk at Darlene.Shawchuk@seiuwest.ca
YOU MUST REGISTER BY October 15, 2017 however we appreciate earlier registration if possible.
For out of town members, hotel rooms will only be provided for those members required to travel more than 2 hours each way. The Local Executive Policy contains a recommendation for room-sharing. Room-sharing will be arranged by this office and you will be provided with a list of people travelling from your area. Please ensure that you car pool. As per policy, the local union will only pay for one car from each area. If there is more than one car, the kilometre rate will be split.
Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact Catherine Gendron at 306-652-1011 ext. 2236, toll free @ 1-888-999-7348 or by e-mail at email@example.com.