April 10 – 11, 2019 at the SEIU-West Saskatoon Office
In this conference, you’ll learn about a variety of issues related to the health and safety of working people. Here’s a list of some of the speakers and topics:
- Lori Johb President, Saskatchewan Federation of Labour
- Sean Tucker (University of Regina): Trends in Workplace Fatalities in Saskatchewan
- Andrea Howe (United Way of Saskatoon): Domestic Violence
- Kelly Harrington (SEIU-West): New Initiatives in OH&S Training at SEIU-West
- Jesse Todd (Saskatchewan Asbestos Disease Awareness Organization)
- Sandra Cripps (Saskatchewan Association for Safe Workplaces in Health)
- Erica Carleton (University of Saskatchewan): Sleep as an OH&S Issue
- Karman Kawchuk (SEIU-West): Cannabis in the Workplace
Who can apply?
All SEIU-West members are welcome to apply. We will give first priority to applicants who are active members of their workplace OH&S Committees, and members who have not attended this conference in past years.
How do I apply?
Application deadline is March 11, 2019. All applicants will be notified in mid-March as to whether or not they have been accepted. There may be a waiting list.
You can apply online by filling out the form fields below.
Note: this event is separate from the OH&S courses SEIU-West is offering in Moose Jaw, Swift Current and Saskatoon during the month of March.