Stand Up For Saskatchewan Rally!
May 24 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
SEIU-West is joining with other labour organizations and community groups for big rally at the Legislature in Regina to tell the Sask. Party government that Saskatchewan people don’t want public service cuts, rollbacks and privatization!
We will be meeting at the Legislative Building for a noon time rally! Please share and volunteer your time to join in this important rally – and let others know you will be provided with transportation and a lunch! Sign up today by emailing email@example.com
Government has squandered the province’s finances on over-priced consultants, shady land deals, and costly megaprojects. Now it is trying to force Saskatchewan people to pay for their financial mistakes. Here’s just a few of the actions government is taking that will hurt Saskatchewan families and communities:
- Demanding a 3.5 per cent public service cut
- Shutting down 5 health care services
- Selling off the Saskatchewan Transportation Company (STC)
- Cutting funding to schools, post-secondary institutes,
- Raising sales taxes, which hurts low and middle income
- Taxing kids clothes, and restaurant meals
All the while – giving away millions through new corporate tax cuts!
Join us to say ‘NO’ to government’s austerity agenda!