This new course is designed for any member who has not taken any other union training and objectives for this one day course are for participants to learn, understand and engage on:
- The basics of unions
- How to Connect with SEIU-West to stay current on union activities; the virtual bulletin board; social media
- Union Myths and facts
- Political action – how and why we use it
- Collective Bargaining Basics
- Anti-harassment, bullying and Domestic Violence at work.
- Union principles, Inclusiveness, Diversity
- Truth and Reconciliation and where we fit
- Impact of climate change and what we can do about it
The goal is to reach everyday members and create an understanding of SEIU-West and
what makes our union special.
Unit Executive officers.