Objectives for this one day course are for participants to learn, understand and engage on:
- The key practices of union building leadership
- Possible barriers to leadership development
- Modes of conflict
- Teamwork and group dynamics
- How to run an effective meeting
- How to engage members
- Different styles of leadership and how to apply them
- How to choose the way to respond to conflict in any given situation
- The importance of note taking and utilizing the Investigation Sheet throughout all
steps of the grievance.
This course is designed for Unit Executive Officers and Senior Shop Stewards.