The SEIU-West Education Department is pleased to invite members to apply for the Activist Training Workshop, happening both in-person and online.
The course will take place on:
- September 20 in Sasktoon
- September 22 in Swift Current
- September 23 online
The goal of this one-day course is for participants to learn, understand and engage on:
- Anti-oppression and building an inclusive front
- Skills-share opportunities with other activists around the Union
- Strategic thinking/planning about your activism
- Workshops designed to enhance your organizing, communication, and leadership skills to stop funding cuts and strengthen public services
This course is designed for any member who is interested in expanding their activism in the social justice community.
SEIU-West will cover the costs of 15 participants per session. Expenses will be reimbursed to a maximum of one day lost wages/honorarium. Mileage will be reimbursed in accordance to our policies.
Please apply by completing the online application form by August 23, 2022.
- It is a requirement that you have downloaded the Zoom app onto a lap top/cell phone/computer device with access to a microphone and camera for the purposes of this online training if you select online.
- For in-person courses, please bring a mask as we are transitioning with a new COVID reality. Masks must be worn when you are less than 6 feet apart and when dishing up lunch.
- If for some reason something comes up after you are registered and you cannot attend, please notify Jessica LeBlanc at [email protected] or via phone 306-693-7922 ext. 4221
- You will be notified via email that you are selected to attend the training in order to book union leave. You will also receive a Zoom link to join the course via email for those participating online.