|Date:||February 13, 2019||Questions? Call the MRC: 1-888-999-7348 ext. 2298|
|Location:||Arcola, Bienfait, Carlyle, Estevan, Fillmore, Gladmar, Lampman, Macoun, Midale, Ogema, Oungre, Pangman, Radville, Weyburn, Yellow Grass, Wawota, Moosimin and Gladmar|
Greetings Sisters and Brothers:
Your Contract is Ratified!
Your contract has been ratified by the membership. We spent three days on the road throughout South East Saskatchewan and we also held public meetings in Weyburn and Estevan. We had a great turnout and the contract was ratified by a strong majority of the membership. The agreement should be produced and ready for delivery within the month. We will be delivering these, along with new member kits once they are ready.
We had great conversations when we visited your communities and when you came to the meetings in Estevan and Weyburn. It is important that you follow up with the Member Resource Centre with any of your concerns that are still outstanding.
Below is a list of some of the highlights in your new collective agreement.
- Fifteen (15) minutes for new employee Union Orientation.
- Email and website posting of vacancies during the summer break.
- Clarification of the process for filling vacant bus routes.
- Maintenance employees LOU is now part of the CBA.
- Casual employees LOU is now part of the CBA.
- Ability to take a 15 minute rest periods where possible.
- Bus driver monthly cell phone allowance up to $20 from $10.
- Personal Property damage reimbursement up to $250 from $100.
- Overtime for employees who work beyond 8 hrs on a field trip.
- Employees now need to agree to use a personal vehicle for student transportation
- Completely revamped Occupation Health and Safety language.
- Clear “No Individual Agreements” language.
- The agreement runs four years from September 1 2018 to August 31 2022.
General Wage Increase:
- September 1 2018 – 1% (retro will be paid up to date of ratification)
- September 1 2019 – 2%
- September 1 2020 – 2%
- September 1 2021 – 2%
If you have any questions about your workplace, please contact the Member Resource Centre (MRC) at 1-888-999-7348 ext. 2298. The MRC Officers will be able to assist you or will refer your question if necessary.
Your participation in your Union makes your Union strong!
SEIU-West/South East Cornerstone Bargaining Team:
Patti Langedahl • Kerrie Boyd • Maureen Jackiw • Robert Schultz • Bonita Brenner • Jo-Anne Gorgerat • Staff: Shelley Johnson (Union Representative) • Blair McDaid (Negotiations Officer)
Click here to download a printable PDF of Bargaining Bulletin No. 1: South East Cornerstone Public School Division