The SEIU-West Political Action & Education Department is pleased to invite members to apply to attend Build Power, Win Justice. This two-day conference will take place at SEIU-West in Saskatoon on March 19th and 20th, 2024. Interested members can apply by completing this application form.
This two-day interactive event is designed for any SEIU-West member who is interested in discussing issues that impact their daily lives. Participants will discover how to start meaningful conversations with others and build connections with other members based on shared values.
Through a combination of speakers, debates, games, presentations and discussions, attendees will discover ways to strengthen their union’s capacity from the ground up; help to keep the labour movement vibrant and learn how politics affects our lives. We will discuss issues that affect you, your family, your friends and your community like equity, government's responsibilities, decisions, and their impacts, and how to lobby.
Expenses will be reimbursed to a maximum of two days' lost wages/honorarium. Meals and accommodations will be provided, and mileage will be reimbursed according to our policies. If you are interested in attending this conference, submit your application by February 14, 2024! Following the deadline, we will contact those who are selected to attend and provide confirmation and full details about the event.
What did attendees of the 2023 Build Power, Win Justice have to say about the conference?
- Knowledgeable conference to raise awareness of issues and how to get involved to create change and foster the same in others.
- Well done, lots of fun, got people uncomfortable and thinking
- It was a lot of good info got me fired up about issues.
- Loved the info! The " faces on the wall". Wow unbelievable what people who are supposed to be on our side, are doing. The blanket exercise was eye opening. The Town activity was fun! What a great conference!
- They tackle the current issues workers face like affordability, climate change and how the government involved on those issues.
- The content was very empowering, I loved the group activities.