This course is designed to train union representatives in our workplaces to be able to respond to members who may be experiencing domestic violence. In order to attend, participants in this course must be: a Steward, a member of their Occupational Health & Safety Committee, a Unit Officer, a SEIU-West Board Member, an Education Facilitator, or a staff member of SEIU-West.
After this course, you will …
- gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence at work and the role of the union and employer in addressing it;
- learn ways to best support members who may be experiencing domestic violence, including how to recognize and respond to the warning signs and risk factors;
- start the conversation to build awareness about domestic violence at work among your membership;
- develop strategies that build support for collective bargaining and legislative initiatives; and
- learn about referrals and pathways to community resources.
The deadline to apply to this course has now passed.