From November 22-28, SEIU-West is proud to recognize and celebrate Education Week!
SEIU-West is pleased to acknowledge the work that Education Assistants, Library Technicians, Custodians, Tradespeople, Food Service Workers, Administrative Assistants, and School Bus Drivers do to prepare students for tomorrow. The SEIU-West education team ensure our children experience quality education by:
- Assisting teachers to provide tailor-made education for students;
- Ensuring school offices and administrative details run smoothly;
- Providing healthy meals to keep young minds strong;
- Driving and maintaining the buses so our children make it home safely; and
- Creating safe schools and grounds for students to enjoy.
With the COVID-19 pandemic, Education Workers are going above and beyond to ensure the safety of students. We know you’re working hard, and are often faced with inadequate plans from our government – as with all front line workers during COVID-19, you should have a wage supplement to demonstrate the value you bring to our communities during these trying times. We continue to work on this front and hope you will connect with your newly elected MLA on this issue as well.
In recognition of our Education team, we encourage you to participate in the Education Week Contest!
Let us know about an Education Worker (must be a SEIU-West member) who goes above and beyond in their work – you and your nominee could win a gift card or SEIU-West swag!
Enter the contest by November 29, 2020 to [email protected] for your chance to win!