Date: December 17, 2021
Greetings Sisters and Brothers,
As announced in Bargaining Update No. 4 (December 9, 2021) your SEIU-West Extendicare Bargaining Committee met with the Employer on December 7 and 8, 2021. After and were able to reach a tentative agreement that we are prepared to share with the membership.
The following update provides further details about:
THE TENTATIVE AGREEMENT
THE RATIFICATION VOTE (how and when to register, how and when to vote)
If you are an SEIU-West member currently working at any of the five Extendicare facilities (Elmview, Moose Jaw, Parkside, Preston, Sunset), you are eligible to vote on the tentative agreement.
The vote will be held using Simply Voting, a secure and respected Canadian platform that SEIU-West has used for tentative agreement and other votes since January 2021.
Voting will open on Wednesday, January 5, 2022 at 9:00 AM. You will have 24 hours to vote. Voting will close on Thursday, January 6 at 9:00 AM.
There are two ways to vote:
- ONLINE: using a computer, iPad/tablet, or cell phone with access to the internet; or
- TOUCH-TONE PHONE: land line or cell.
To vote, you must register so that we can send you the proper secure personal codes that will enable you to log into Simply Voting.
Deadline to register: Monday, January 3, 2022 at 8:00 AM.
- TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE VOTING: Click here to go to the online registration form.
TO REGISTER FOR PHONE VOTING:
- Call 1-888-999-7348 extension 4221 (24 hours)
- When you call, be prepared to leave a voicemail message with:
- your full name
- the Extendicare facility where you work, and
- a phone number where you can be reached or where a voice mail can be left. SEIU-West staff will call you at that number on January 3 or 4 with more information, including the 4-digit PIN you will need to log in to Simply Voting.
As always, we welcome our members’ questions and comments as we work through the bargaining process. We encourage you to contact the MRC at 1-888-999-7348 ext. 2298 or through the website contact form or our new email address [email protected] to ask any further questions. Please watch for updates on SEIUWEST.ca. You can also follow our Facebook and Twitter feeds.
Your SEIU-West Extendicare Provincial Bargaining Committee:
Moose Jaw Extendicare: Lynette Pinfold • Elmview Extendicare: Colleen Watson • Sunset Extendicare: Lisa Virtue • Parkside Extendicare: Marlene Thomson • Preston Extendicare: Lori Klus • Staff: Tracy Goodheart; Katelyn Thibeault (Staff Representatives); Bob Laurie (Director of Bargaining and Contract Bargaining & Enforcement)