A message from the SEIU-West Nursing Care Committee:
- Continuing Care Assistants (CCAs)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Operating Room Technicians (ORT-LPNs)
- Direct Care Workers (DCWs)
- Direct Support Workers (DSWs)
- Other members performing similar front-line care roles (e.g. group home workers, care aides/care partners, resident attendants)
The SEIU-West Nursing Care Committee (NCC) is providing funding to SEIU-West units where these members work to help them celebrate Nursing Week 2023 in a way that best fits the situation of their particular unit.
The NCC has invited unit leaders (Chairs, Co-Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and/or Communicators) to submit an online application with information about how they propose to celebrate Nursing Week in their unit (e.g. food, beverages, gift cards...). If you work in a unit with members of our Family of Nursing, ask your unit chair if they’ve applied.
If the NCC approves your unit's application, the NCC will reimburse the unit's expenses up to an amount based on the total number of SEIU-West Family of Nursing members who work in that unit/facility:
- Up to $60 for those units with up to 50 Family of Nursing members
- Up to $85 for those units with between 51 and 100 Family of Nursing member
- Up to $120 for those units with between 101 and 200 Family of Nursing members
- Up to $145 for those units with over 200 Family of Nursing members
The deadline to submit an application is 9:00 AM, Monday, May 8, 2023.