May 6-12, 2022 is National Nursing Week!
This is the week when we recognize and celebrate the amazing members of the SEIU-West Family of Nursing:
- Continuing Care Assistants (CCAs)
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs)
- Operating Room Technicians (ORT-LPNs)
- Direct Care Workers (DCWs)
- Direct Support Workers (DSWs)
- Other members performing similar front-line care roles (e.g. group home workers, care aides/care partners, resident attendants)
The SEIU-West Nursing Care Committee (NCC) is providing funding to SEIU-West units to help them celebrate Nursing Week 2022 in a way that best fits the situation of their particular unit.
The NCC invites unit leadership (Chairs, Co-Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and/or Communicators) to fill out the online application form, with information about their unit (e.g. estimated total number of SEIU-West Family of Nursing members) and how they propose to celebrate Nursing Week in their unit (e.g. food, beverages, gift cards...).
If the NCC approves your unit's application, the NCC will reimburse the unit's expenses up to an amount based on the total number of SEIU-West Family of Nursing members who work in that unit/facility:
• Up to $75 for those units with between 51 and 100 Family of Nursing members
• Up to $110 for those units with between 101 and 200 Family of Nursing members
• Up to $135 for those units with over 200 Family of Nursing members
The deadline to submit your application is 9:00 AM, Monday, May 9, 2022.