In an effort to maintain social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak, SEIU-West is postponing all educational courses for the next few weeks. We will advise of any new developments and/or potential new training dates. For now, the following courses are cancelled:
- OH&S: From Knowledge to Action (March 17 – Moose Jaw, March 18 – Swift Current, March 19 – Saskatoon)
- Stewards in Action Level II (March 26 – Saskatoon, March 30 - Moose Jaw)
- Unionism 101 (April 1 – Saskatoon, April 6 – Moose Jaw, April 7 – Swift Current)
- Domestic Violence Workshop (April 8-9 – Saskatoon)
- Technical Course I: Investigations & Progressive Discipline (April 21-22 - Saskatoon, April 28 - Moose Jaw, April 29 - Swift Current)
If you were registered for any of these courses, please cancel your union leave. If you have difficulty getting your shift back, email Catherine.Gendron@seiuwest.ca. Note that all hotels will be cancelled as well.
We are currently consulting with the provincial government and Saskatchewan Health Authority; we will be sure to update our website and social media pages so please be sure to check back regularly.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and hope you stay safe.
Thank you for your understanding,
Barb Cape, SEIU-West President and Catherine Gendron, SEIU-West Education Coordinator