The Saskatchewan Federation of Labour (SFL) has an exciting employment opportunity for a young worker aged 30 and under. Our Summer Camp Coordinator position will start May 4, 2020, ending August 31, 2020 at the Shekinah Retreat Centre.
• Planning and coordination of the SFL Summer Camp for young people age 13 - 16, which runs August 8-14, 2020;
• Research and policy development pertaining to camp and young workers;
• Production and distribution of printed and electronic materials;
• Data entry and organization of information;
• Additional office duties and assignments as required.
Qualifications will include:
• Applicants must be between 15 - 30 years old to qualify for this position;
• You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and, upon being hired, provide a criminal record check, and provide a clean vulnerable sector check;
• Some experience with event planning and office procedures;
• Familiarity with Microsoft applications;
• Knowledge of the structures and policies of the labour movement and the Saskatchewan Federation of Labour;
• Sound knowledge and understanding of the SFL Summer Camp, or a willingness to learn;
• Ability to take initiative and implement activities and projects from start to finish;
• Good communication, writing, and organizational skills.
The Saskatchewan Federation of Labour is an equal opportunity employer. Indigenous people, women, workers of colour, workers with disabilities, and LGBTQ+ folks are encouraged to apply for this position. The pay range for this position is $22.00-$25.00 per hour, for 30 hours a week.
How to apply:
• Resumes and cover letters for this position will be accepted until noon on April 1, 2020 and should be emailed to Dionne Duff at [email protected] Please provide at least two references.