The Saskatchewan Federation of Labour (SFL) Summer Camp is a progressive, educational camp. The camp offers a wide variety of learning opportunities for young people age 13 – 16. Summer Camp takes place in August at the Shekinah Retreat Centre.
The YACs assist with various aspects of the operations of camp, mainly recreation activities.
• Create a fun atmosphere and engage campers in exciting activities;
• Assist with recreational programing for campers;
• Support camp counsellors with educational sessions;
• Ensure the atmosphere of camp is positive, inclusive, and conducive to learning;
• Ensure that the needs of each camper are being met.
Qualifications will include:
• Must be available August 7 – 14, 2020;
• An approach that is worker-centered, anti-racist, feminist, ability-inclusive, queer positive, and youth empowered;
• Leadership skills;
• Willingness to learn, take direction, and try new things;
• You must be legally entitled to work in Canada and, upon being hired, provide a criminal record check, and provide a clean vulnerable sector check
The position pays above-average rates for the week.
How to apply:
• Applications will be accepted until noon on May 4, 2020 and should be emailed to Dionne Duff at [email protected]. Please provide at least two references. By completing and submitting this application, you agree that all information is accurate.