Objectives for this two day course are for participants to learn, understand and engage on:
- Indigenous history, spirituality, and societal injustices including the history and legacy of residential schools and the sixties scoop
- Working in solidarity with First Nations, Métis and Inuit Brothers, Sisters and Siblings
- Working in a comfortable and supportive environment in which to explore attitudes, ideas and questions
- Treaties and aboriginal rights
- The Truth and Reconciliation's 94 Calls to Action
This course is available to SEIU-West members, stewards, union leaders or activists.