On this page, you will find event updates/cancellations that relate to SEIU-West members.
In an effort to maintain social distancing during the COVID-19 outbreak, SEIU-West is postponing all in-person educational courses until further notice. We will advise of any new developments and/or potential new training dates. For now, the following in-person courses are cancelled:
- OH&S: From Knowledge to Action (March 17 – Moose Jaw, March 18 – Swift Current, March 19 – Saskatoon)
- Stewards in Action Level II (March 26 – Saskatoon, March 30 - Moose Jaw)
- Unionism 101 (April 1 – Saskatoon, April 6 – Moose Jaw, April 7 – Swift Current)
- Domestic Violence Workshop (April 8-9 – Saskatoon)
- Technical Course I: Investigations & Progressive Discipline (April 21-22 - Saskatoon, April 28 - Moose Jaw, April 29 - Swift Current)
- Leadership Conference (May 27-28 - Regina)
- Unit Leadership (June 1 - Saskatoon, June 2 - Moose Jaw, June 3 - Swift Current)
- Unit Leadership: Advanced (June 9 - Moose Jaw, June 10 - Swift Current, June 11 - Saskatoon)
In addition to these courses, the SEIU-West Leadership Conference scheduled for May 27-28 has been cancelled – notifications will be going out the week of March 23, 2020.
SEIU-West was also in the process of selecting members to attend a number of upcoming events, however the below events have also been cancelled:
- SASWH AGM & Conference (March 24 – Regina)
- SAMRT AGM & Conference (April 25 – Regina)
- SFL/Spring School (April 20-24 – Moose Jaw)
- Prarie School for Union Women (June 7-11 - Waskesiu Lake)
- SFL Summer Camp (August 8- 14)
Apologies for any inconvenience this may case, and thank you for your understanding.