The SEIU-West Domestic Violence Workshop is designed to train members in our workplaces to be able to respond to members who may be experiencing domestic violence. The workshop will take place in the Saskatoon office on April 8-9, 2020.
After this course, you will …
- gain a deeper understanding of the dynamics of domestic violence at work and the role of the union and employer in addressing it;
- learn ways to best support members who may be experiencing domestic violence, including how to recognize and respond to the warning signs and risk factors;
- start the conversation to build awareness about domestic violence at work among your membership;
- develop strategies that build support for collective bargaining and legislative initiatives; and
- learn about referrals and pathways to community resources.
SEIU-West will cover the costs of 25 participants who will be selected with the goal of wide representation from all Units within our SEIU-West membership. Expenses will be reimbursed to a maximum of two days lost wages, as well as mileage and accommodation (depending on the travel distance).
Please register by:
You must apply by March 2, 2020 and you be notified whether you’re accepted to attend in order to book union leave.