SEIU-West is thrilled to share the good news of our latest ratified agreement! With great voter turnout, members who work in the South East Cornerstone Public School Division ratified their collective agreement this week – some of the highlights of this agreement include general wage increases over four years of 1%, 2%, 2%, 2% - an awesome demonstration of our members’ solidarity as they worked together to ensure fairness at the bargaining table. There were also many non-monetary gains, including:
- Fifteen (15) minutes for new employee Union Orientation.
- Email and website posting of vacancies during the summer break.
- Clarification of the process for filling vacant bus routes.
- Maintenance employees LOU is now part of the CBA.
- Casual employees LOU is now part of the CBA.
- Ability to take a 15 minute rest periods where possible.
- Bus driver monthly cell phone allowance up to $20 from $10.
- Personal Property damage reimbursement up to $250 from $100.
- Overtime for employees who work beyond 8 hrs on a field trip.
- Employees now need to agree to use a personal vehicle for student transportation
- Completely revamped Occupation Health and Safety language.
- Clear “No Individual Agreements” language.
This newly ratified agreement is yet another example of how we’re Stronger Together in SEIU-West!