To identify, support, and celebrate gender and sexually diverse members in their workplaces.
The committee shall be composed of up to eight SEIU-West members, in good standing, who identify as members of the Gender and Sexually Diverse Community.
The committee shall be tabled by two co-chairs; one of whom must not identify as a man, and one whom does not identify as a woman. There will be an elected recording secretary, nominated by the committee members.
- To increase the visibility of Sexually and Gender Diverse members in the workplace.
- To create a visible SEIU-West presence within the Sexually and Gender Diverse community.
- To educate SEIU-West members, staff and leadership about Sexual and Gender Diverse issues.
- To educate the Sexual and Gender Diverse Community about labour issues and support workers' rights within our community.
- Network with other labour and community groups to build a strong, visible coalition of Sexually and Gender Diverse allies and activists.
- To work in collaboration with other organizations supporting Sexually and Gender Diverse community members.
- Organize against all discrimination, specifically discrimination based on sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or perceived orientation, and or marital status.
- Promote Sexually and Gender Diverse active participation and leadership, to work for union democracy and rank and file development.
Jae Blakley - They/them
Cassitee Creary - She/her
Melanie Sadler - She/her
Members at Large
Penny Anderson - She/her
Megan Dolinski - She/they
Barbara Cape – 306.693.7922 ext. 8730
Dennel Pickering – 306.652.1011 ext. 2241
Contact this committee
Gender Transition Guidelines (by Public Service Commission of Saskatchewan)
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Older Adults and Residential Care Environments - Final Report (by Saskatoon Council on Aging and OUT Saskatoon)
Saskatchewan 2SLGBTQ+ Elders, Seniors, and Older Persons Issues of Concern – Overview Document
Executive Summary: Survey: Still Every Class in Every School (by Eglae.ca. Read the full report here.)
Proud, Prepared, and Protected is a suite of online resources (by Canadian Virtual Hospice in collaboration with 40 Canadian 2SLGBTQ+ organizations and more than 100 members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities)
Creating Authentic Spaces: A Gender Identity and Gender Expression Toolkit - Pride At Work Canada (by the 519)
LGBT Rights in Saskatchewan (by Equaldex)
Gender and Sexual Diversity Glossary (by Government of Canada)
A Statistical Portrait of Canada's Diverse LGTQ+ Communities (by Statistics Canada)
LGBTQ2 Action Plan Survey - Demographic Portrait of the Respondents by Government of Canada)
Be Part of the LGBTQ2 Action Plan (by Government of Canada)
2SLGBTQI+ Federal Action Plan (by Government of Canada)
https://www.outsaskatoon.ca/q-list/ OUT Saskatoon referral list or places that aims to be inclusive of 2SLGBTQ+) people
Notable 2SLGBTQ+ Awareness Dates | QueerEvents.ca List of awareness dates with descriptions
*Trigger warning: Ignorance and fear of the beauty of diversity. There is nothing wrong with you. There's something wrong in the village. Let's make better villages where everyone can be accepted, loved, and safe.
Click here for a printable PDF