To identify, support, and celebrate gender and sexually diverse members in their workplaces.
The committee shall be composed of up to eight SEIU-West members, in good standing, who identify as members of the Gender and Sexually Diverse Community.
The committee shall be tabled by two co-chairs; one of whom must not identify as a man, and one whom does not identify as a woman. There will be an elected recording secretary, nominated by the committee members.
- To increase the visibility of Sexually and Gender Diverse members in the workplace.
- To create a visible SEIU-West presence within the Sexually and Gender Diverse community.
- To educate SEIU-West members, staff and leadership about Sexual and Gender Diverse issues.
- To educate the Sexual and Gender Diverse Community about labour issues and support workers' rights within our community.
- Network with other labour and community groups to build a strong, visible coalition of Sexually and Gender Diverse allies and activists.
- To work in collaboration with other organizations supporting Sexually and Gender Diverse community members.
- Organize against all discrimination, specifically discrimination based on sex or gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or perceived orientation, and or marital status.
- Promote Sexually and Gender Diverse active participation and leadership, to work for union democracy and rank and file development.
Jae Blakley - They/them
Cassitee Creary - She/her
Melanie Sadler - She/her
Members at Large
Penny Anderson - She/her
Megan Dolinski - She/they
Barbara Cape – 306.693.7922 ext. 8730
Dennel Pickering, – 306.652.1011 ext. 2241
Gender Transition Guidelines (by Public Service Commission of Saskatchewan)
Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Older Adults and Residential Care Environments - Final Report (by Saskatoon Council on Aging and OUT Saskatoon)
Proud, Prepared, and Protected is a suite of online resources (by Canadian Virtual Hospice in collaboration with 40 Canadian 2SLGBTQ+ organizations and more than 100 members of 2SLGBTQ+ communities)
LGBT Rights in Saskatchewan (by Equaldex)
Gender and Sexual Diversity Glossary (by Government of Canada)
A Statistical Portrait of Canada's Diverse LGTQ+ Communities (by Statistics Canada)
LGBTQ2 Action Plan Survey - Demographic Portrait of the Respondents by Government of Canada)
Be Part of the LGBTQ2 Action Plan (by Government of Canada)