To promote awareness of the cultures of our Worker of Colour members within our union membership and how those values intertwine with union values.
- To assist the SEIU-West Executive Board in achieving its targets and priorities while ensuring diverse representation.
- To engage our Worker of Colour members to strengthen their union involvement and participation.
- To promote racial justice, inclusion and equity in our workplaces.
- To educate and inform all union members on Worker of Colour issues within the workplace.
- To keep our Worker of Colour members up to date on specific issues that might impact them.
- To recruit possible members by attending meetings, conferences and cultural events.
- To work with other Equity seeking groups to broaden and develop the goals of the union.
- To be an advisory and a resource for all union members, the Executive Board and bargaining committee on Worker of Colour issues and to ensure that diversity is reflected.
Leta Raquel-Lee, Health Records Clerk – Royal University Hospital – 306-203-1544
Krishna Lagos, Medical Office Admin (Medical Imaging) – 306-371-7423
Sayful Amed Samu, Scheduler – Saskatoon Home Care - 306-881-9978
Hassan Mowgli, Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) – Home Care – 306-380-0499
Neil Colmin – 306-693-7922 ext. 4225
Purple Works Profile
Laurie works as a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) at a long-term care home in Swift Current. Her Home Care/Special Care Aide course has prepared her well for her very busy days which consist of a wide variety of jobs. In addition to providing a range of personal care support for...Read more