To promote awareness of the cultures of our Worker of Colour members within our union membership and how those values intertwine with union values.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To assist the SEIU-West Executive Board in achieving its targets and priorities while ensuring diverse representation.
- To engage our Worker of Colour members to strengthen their union involvement and participation.
- To promote racial justice, inclusion and equity in our workplaces.
- To educate and inform all union members on Worker of Colour issues within the workplace.
- To keep our Worker of Colour members up to date on specific issues that might impact them.
- To recruit possible members by attending meetings, conferences and cultural events.
- To work with other Equity seeking groups to broaden and develop the goals of the union.
- To be an advisory and a resource for all union members, the Executive Board and bargaining committee on Worker of Colour issues and to ensure that diversity is reflected.
Jeanne Javinal, Licenced Practical Nurse, Comunity Renal Hemodialysis Centre (Saskatoon) 639.318.3285
Yolanda Sagayo - Cook, Davidson Health Centre (Davidson) 306.262.3163
Claudia Moran Gossmann
Leta Raquel Lee - RUH - 306.203.1544
Manu Priya De Silva
Hassan Mowgli - Continuing Care Assistant - Home Care
Neil Colmin – 306.693.7922 ext. 4225
Dennel Pickering – 306.652.1011 ext. 2241