To promote awareness of the cultures of our Worker of Colour members within our union membership and how those values intertwine with union values.
- To assist the SEIU-West Executive Board in achieving its targets and priorities while ensuring diverse representation.
- To engage our Worker of Colour members to strengthen their union involvement and participation.
- To promote racial justice, inclusion and equity in our workplaces.
- To educate and inform all union members on Worker of Colour issues within the workplace.
- To keep our Worker of Colour members up to date on specific issues that might impact them.
- To recruit possible members by attending meetings, conferences and cultural events.
- To work with other Equity seeking groups to broaden and develop the goals of the union.
- To be an advisory and a resource for all union members, the Executive Board and bargaining committee on Worker of Colour issues and to ensure that diversity is reflected.
Leta Raquel-Lee, Health Records Clerk – Royal University Hospital – 306-203-1544
Krishna Lagos, Medical Office Admin (Medical Imaging) – 306-371-7423
Sayful Amed Samu, Scheduler – Saskatoon Home Care - 306-881-9978
Hassan Mowgli, Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) – Home Care – 306-380-0499
Neil Colmin – 306-693-7922 ext. 4225
Purple Works Profile
For the week of March 29 – April 4, SEIU-West is proud to celebrate our very first Scheduler’s Week! Schedulers maintain all aspects of staff scheduling while adhering to collective bargaining agreements and staffing guidelines of all departments within the scheduling office. To celebrate this week we’re shinning the spotlight...Read more